Thursday, May 11, 2006

Easy Rider, huh?


I think not. But cruising the dirt roads East of Tha Khek City, where the limestone juts out of the plains in an unnatural sort of way, I could pretend.

After visiting all the caves, and temples, and cliffs listed in the guide book, I could've just headed back to the city. I could've, but the cruising was too fun.

So I stayed out there in the maze of dirt roads for a couple of hours, with no destination, and thought, "Maybe, when I get back home, that Kutsko fella will help me fix up an old BMW bike. One of those classic ones like he has."

Yeah, Yeah. And this red-plastic-100cc scooter isn't a scooter at all. It's a big shiny Harley. And the guy sitting on it? Peter Fonda. Yeah, Yeah.

And it was fun to pretend. And it was a beautiful place, and a great day.

No comments: