Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Angkor What?!?

No words… just pictures that don’t do this world-wonder justice. Come here… see it for yourself.

As always CLICK on the pictures to get a larger view.

The massive Angkor Wat.
Impressive in it's scale, yes, but I had no idea the amazing bas-reliefs decorating the interior.
Solemn Buddah.
Sunsetting on Angkor Wat.
The Bayon Temple of Angkor Thom.
Yup... Bayon is the one with the faces.

Temple of Ta Prohm... where the jungle is slowly ingesting the stone structures.
Sun streaming into Ta Prohm.
Ta Prohm.

2 comments:

Slartibartfast said...

Very nice pictures, somehow I can't get the Indiana Jones themesong out of my head now...

TO said...

Wah ha... I was thinking the same thing as I bicycled around the ruins. Kept reaching for my whip.

Ian... you need to keep that blog of yours going. Are you headed back to the ICE?