Monday, April 03, 2006

These are a few of my favorite things

Top 3 Items I Brought to New Zealand:

#1. Nikon D70 - this country is so amazing, I might as well have been taking pictures with my eyes closed.

#2. Trekking Poles - everyone who hikes should give 'em a try. It might take some getting used to, but they'll change your life.

#3. Moleskine Journal - my travel companion, listener, sounding board, and bank of memories.

... and for kicks...

Top 3 Items I'd Brought to Antarctica:

#1. iPod - no question... without music, washing industrial sized pots and dishes for 4.5months would have been... ummm... unpleasant?

#2. Dansko Clogs - so comfortable.... I'll still be wearing them in Seattle.

#3. Books - (yeah, it's cheating... "books" are more than 1 item, but it's my list so I'm allowed). I filled in my spare moments with some really good reads:
Complications: A Surgeon's Notes on an Imperfect Science (Gawandi)
The Fountainhead (Rand)
On Call: A Doctor's Days and Nights in Residency (Transue)
The Bird Man and the Lap Dancers: Close Encounters with Strangers (Hansen)
Body of Knowledge: One Semester of Gross Anatomy (Giegerich)
The Autograph Man (Smith)
Whitecoat: Becoming a Doctor at HMS (Rothman)
The Kite Runner (Hosseini)
Tramping in New Zealand (DeFresne)


No comments: