Monday, April 10, 2006

Can't Stop Listening To...

...Lyle Lovett - pretty much everything... 'Live in Texas,' 'Joshua Judges Ruth,' 'I Love Everybody,' 'Pontiac,' 'The Road to Ensenada'... but especially 'Live in Texas'... not sure why, but Lyle's doin' it for me right now.

...Sun Kil Moon - 'Tiny Cities' - Thanks DA-Richard for all the new music on the ICE.

...Billy Bragg & Wilco - 'Mermaid Avenue' - Just makes you feel good.

OF NOTE... the first music I'll buy/look for in Seattle...

...anything by Jolie Holland... I only have one song of hers on my ipod and it tortures me every time I listen to it. I've heard others... her voice is, simply, intoxicating.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw Jolie Holland last summer at a roots music festival outside of Portland. Would highly recommend her, as well as The Be Good Tanyas, another Vancouver band she helped get their start.

Anonymous said...

You are my music guru! I'll have to add these to my list:) Also, have you heard the "light yourself on fire" album by Stars? Truly Amazing!!!

TO said...

J- as Napoleon would say... "Luckeeeee!" Thanks for the tips... I have a feeling I'm going to be overwhelmed with all the new music when I return to Seattle. An 8 month absence from current movies, music, events...

Alli (G... I assume)- A guru? I am not. I'll check out that Album in June... thanks for the recommendation. You should stream the John In The Morning program (6:00-10:00 M-F Pac-Time) at www.kexp.org... the best station in the USA (in my opinion), and John Richards plays some great new music.