Sunday, June 18, 2006

pumpkin pie

ma: "We're having dinner tonight at 7:00, okay?"
tim: "Great... what are we having?"
ma: "Well, I thought we'd have a turkey dinner since you missed Thanksgiving."
tim: "Seriously?"
ma: "Yeah, it was kind of hard to find a turkey in June though."
tim: "Thanksgiving in June? This is great! Are we having pumpkin pie, too?"
ma: "Well, I hadn't planned on it, but I can get some canned pumpkin at the store, and..."
tim: "Nooo... it's no big deal."
ma: "It's no problem... I like pumpkin pie."
tim: "Sweet! Pumpkin pie!"


Every mom loves spoiling their "grown-up" kids. And some times, we like being spoiled. If a girl ever wanted to win my heart, she need only bake a pumpkin pie. My mom rocks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing's better than an unexpected meal at an unexpected time. It's like making breakfast for dinner.

TO said...

I had breakfast an average of 2.5 meals/day for the first week I was back in Seattle. It's the best meal of the three... Aaand, eggs are one of the most versatile foods out there. Scrambled, fried, boiled, whatever! Add cheese, vegetables, bacon, Tabasco... eat on toast, in a tortilla, on its own. The commercials don't like... it is incredible, and edible.

Erin Popelka said...

My mom made me Thanksgiving when I was first home in April ... it was amazing - all four of us were there, and we had turkey, salad, green bean casserole, and she made her *famous* mashed potatoes.

The best part, and the part we didn't get at McMurdo, was the leftovers.

TO said...

We annihilated our turkey… I think we had turkey sandwiches for lunch the next day, then that’s it. All gone.

Aren’t mom’s the best?

Hope DC is treating you well Erin.