Sunday, October 02, 2005

Trivial Pursuit

This post goes out to my great roommates, but in particular, to Preschool Teacher roommate. Thanks for the endless laughter and shenanigans...

It's the last night for the three of us to hang out together for 6 months. Tomorrow, Preschool Teacher Roommate flies down to the Bay Area to visit her family, and Tuesday I fly off for Antarctica.

To make an occasion of this evening Law Student roommate and Preschool Teacher roommate took me out for dinner and drinks. Later in the evening, we're lounging around our livingroom, playing a game of Trivial Pursuit as Preschool Teacher Roommate packs a bag.

It's her turn to read a question to Law Student roommate. Sitting there waiting for Law Student roommate's answer, she turns the card over to look at the correct answer. A moment later she's laughing to herself and shaking her head.

"What?" asks Law Student Roommate.

"Oh God... I'm just laughing at how stupid I feel," replies Preschool Teacher Roommate. "I was looking at the answer for a different question on this card, and the answer is Belgium."

"Huh?"

"The question is asking for the name of a country," she says.

"Huh?"

"Until now I always thought Belgium was a city in France," she mumbles.

"Seriously?"

"I know, I know... don't make fun. But really... it's not a city in France? Doesn't France have a city that sounds kind of like Belgium?"

"Ah... none that we know of."

We're all laughing and rolling, when Law Student Roommate says, "What are you talking about? You were dating me when I was traveling in Belgium!"

Arms raised, she exclaims, "But I thought you were in FRANCE!"

No comments: