Tuesday, September 13, 2005

feeling... melancholy

Which isn't great, but hey... at least I don't feel indifferent.

Tonight, I got to see the shy-girl again. All evening I had full intentions of acting upon Law Student roommate's advice, and all evening I waited for the right moment.

So many times I repeated the words inside my head... "Hi shy-girl. Can I ask a random question? Would you have any interest in grabbing a drink, or cup of coffee with me sometime?"

After that I wasn't exactly sure what I'd say... figured I'd improv it. I would probably utter something along the lines of "Seriously? That's great..." or "I'm sorry. That was really stupid of me..." depending on the response.

Either way, I never got around to asking the first random question. All we exchanged this evening were smiles and pleasantries in passing. The entire night we were surrounded by at least 4 others. I stayed 45 minutes past the end of my shift in hopes that we would find ourselves standing alone for a minute. Sheepishly, I lied to those who asked, "Aren't you done at 11:00?"

"Oh... well, next week is my last week of volunteering, before I get ready to leave town, so I thought I would put in a little extra time..."

I'd like to say that I'm not so much disappointed in myself for not asking her, but that I'm disappointed I never got the chance to ask. I'd like to, but that's just excuse making. I'm kicking myself for not just waving and calling her over, but yet again... words are cheap.

It might end up disastrous, but next week, it's my last day, and I won't wait for the perfect moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.