Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Crud

Ahhh… da’ crud, da’ CRUD!

Here I am… it’s my one day off for the week and I’m saddled with the crud. ‘The crud’ being McMurdo jargon for the flu/cold that plagues everyone at some point during the season. It spreads like wildfire in the close quarters.

Despite washing my hands obsessively, until they are raw and cracking, I’m feeling the affects of the crud… achy muscles, chest and sinus congestion, the works…

Grudgingly, I’ve decided to allow my body some rest. Danza, a good buddy of mine, and Miss Joy, my favorite Thursday playmate, are out on the Armitage Loop, running and skate-skiing, respectively. Me, I’m planning on laundry, vacuuming, napping, reading, emailing and blogging.


HA… I said blogging.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any connection between the swim in the Ross Sea and the Crud???? ...just wondering...